Enquire to book
About Kitchens International
Founded in 1995, Kitchens International is Scotland's leading high quality fitted kitchen supplier. With 96 staff in six locations across Scotland, Kitchens International's people are passionate about their work, providing a quality service and beautiful kitchens in the heart of people's homes.
Kitchens International has an excellent track record of staff retention and promoting from within. Their managers have an exceptional knowledge of the brand, products and services the business provides, but many were lacking in management experience.
The BlueSky Brief
To develop Kitchens International's team of managers' leadership skills so they could be expert in all aspects of their role.
After assessing the brief, BlueSky Experiences proposed a series of eight training days over the course of 12 months, specifically tailored to the needs of the managers. The programme started with the launch of the Insights Discovery language and profile which was used as the thread through all the workshops.
The workshops focused on the following key topics
- Personal effectiveness - understanding yourself and the impact you have on people you lead
- Effective communication and the skills required to build rapport
- Team effectiveness and the attributes required in a high performing team
- Feedback - when you give feedback and how to do it and make it land
- Understand the motivators and blockers for people you lead
- Understand the impact of change and how to communicate change effectively
- Dealing with stress and tools to improve resilience
- Dealing with difficult situations
- The importance of being emotionally competent
- Emotionally competent managers, who are motivated and inspired to lead their teams
- Improved communication across the company
- Better support & sharing of experience among managers
- Higher confidence and accountability from managers
- Empowered employees from the very top, to the latest recruits
- Increase in productivity